Transport Canada Approved
KF Aerospace recognizes the importance of establishing and maintaining professional credibility through effective instruction and continuous improvement of knowledge and skills. A flight instructor course is an excellent means to embrace this model and is an important instrument for continued professional development and participation amongst flight instructors across Canada.
Upcoming Courses: 01-03 May 2017 & 27-29 September 2017
Any questions, including future course date information, please click to send an email to the Course Manager or phone (204) 428-2478.
KF Aerospace Defence Programs
Please review CAR's 421.66 to see if you qualify to renew your instructor rating via this course, as opposed to renewing via a Transport Canada flight test.
A maximum of 30 applicants will be accepted for on a first-come first-serve basis. Preference will be given to those holding a valid Instructor rating, aeroplane, at the commencement of the course.
Applicants who meet the qualifications for flight instruction set out in CAR's 425.21 may also be accepted (e.g. multi-engine class rating, instrument rating instructors).
Requirements for Renewal
Application for renewal for a flight instructor rating based on successful completion of a flight instructor refresher course will be accepted where:
- A course completion certificate was issued within the preceding 90 days;
- The flight instructor rating was valid on the first day of the course; and
- The course is for the same category as the instructor rating held.
A test flight is the only option if:
- The flight instructor rating has expired;
- The previous two renewals were through means other than a flight test; or
- The instructor is undergoing follow-up action with respect to their flight test record (421.67).