your one-stop-shop for aircraft modifications
With an in-house engineering team of experts, extensive modification design and certification experience and as the holder of hundreds of design approvals, we’re ready to work with you on your next project. KF Aerospace has delegated authority to provide modification and repair approvals for Normal, Utility Aerobatic and Commuter Category airplanes (523), Transport Category airplanes (525), Normal Category Rotorcraft (527) and Transport Category Rotorcraft (529).
Contact us about your structural modification needs today.
Transport Canada Design Approval Organization (DAO)
- Department of National Defence (DND) Recognized Design Approval Organization (RDAO)
Co-located with our MRO, KF’s Aerospace’s engineers are directly connected with your project throughout the modification and design phase. Our engineering team is ready to respond to any liaison work required and can provide full engineering support services for our off-site customers. Using our extensive support network, the KF engineering team can provide approvals from Transport Canada Civil Authority (TCCA) and other international transport authorities.
KF has extensive modification design and certification experience, and is the holder of hundreds of design approvals, including but not limited to:
- B737 Combi
- B737/727 Avionics Modifications
- B757/737/727 Interior Modifications
- CV5800 Program (Fuselage lengthening)
- CV580 Airtanker Program
- CV580 Cargo Door Installation
- CV580 Loads Monitoring Program
- CV580 FAA Avionics Flying Testbed Program
- STC De-activation and Removal Programs
KF has experience with STC familiarizations involving the following aviation authorities:
- Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Agência Nacional de Aviacão Civil (ANAC) – Brazilian Civil Aviation Authority
- Federal Agency for Air Transport (FATA) – Russian Civil Aviation Authority
- Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM)
- Layout of Passenger Accommodations (LOPAs), including:
- Various seating configurations (with IFE and without), emergency equipment installations, fleet standardization, PSU layouts, carpet layouts
- Fleetwide modifications and Installations
- Seat modifications
- FA Seat Installations
- Monument Installations
- Galley insert Installations (coffee maker, ovens, carts, trolleys, containers)
- Galley modifications
- Lavatory Installations
- Ceiling, overhead bin, PSU rail, and floor panel modifications
- Antenna Installations
- Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analysis
- FMS/GPS for ADS-B and area navigation (RNAV) performance including LNAV and LNAV/VNAV
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) Out
- Elementary and Enhanced Surveillance
- In-Set Power system design
- Cabin Altitude Warning
- ePhone system installation
- Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) installations and upgrades
- Satellite Communications (SATCOM) for voice and data communications
- ACARS modifications
- EGPWS/TAWS modifications
- Custom audio systems for flight crew and cabin intercom
ADS-B Out Solutions
KF Aerospace is offering a fully customizable ADS-B Out solution for the B737 Classic series aircraft under Canadian STC SA 16-86, FAA STC ST04020NY, EASA STC 10062041, and ANAC STC 2021S03-13. Under these STC’s the following transponder-GPS pairings have been approved:
- Collins Aerospace TPR-901 transponders with CMC CMA-5024 or CMC CMA-3024 GPS units
- ACSS XS-950 transponders with CMC CMA-5024 GPS units
- Honeywell TRA-100B transponders with CMC CMA-5024 GPS units
- Honeywell TRA-100B transponders with Collins Aerospace GPS-4000GPS units
Don’t see a transponder or GPS unit above you like?
Contact us and KF Aerospace Engineering can approve your preferred transponder-GPS pairing. For detailed pricing and configuration options for ADS-B Out solutions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
KF Aerospace is a Transport Canada Design Approval Organization (DAO) as well as a Department of National Defence Recognized Design Approval Organization (RDAO) with delegated authority to provide modification and repair approvals for Normal, Utility, Aerobatic and Commuter Category Airplanes (523), Transport Category Airplanes (525), Normal Category Rotorcraft (527), and Transport Category Rotorcraft (529).
See the full list.